The value of print marketing cannot be underestimated. Mail campaigns, such as Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM), allow uninterrupted, one-on-one communication with customers and prospects. Physical ads lead to a more robust emotional response, and recipients remember them longer. Consumers also spend more time with physical ads, leading to a higher response rate for direct mail.
EDDM helps businesses reach out effectively to those who live closest to your business. Simple and highly effective, EDDM is a direct mail program that provides businesses with a way to get mail delivered to every door on the United States Postal Service delivery or carrier route. These can be residential, commercial, or a combination of both. No need to know the recipients’ names or addresses; EDDM ensures that your mail piece is delivered to every address included in those selected routes.
Done at a fraction of the price of other mailing options, EDDM is an opportunity for your business and your clients to stand out in a crowded marketplace. With direct mail having the ability to reach so many people and the physical document providing a long shelf life, EDDM is an impactful method to get more business. When you partner with an outsourcing company like DFS, you have access to a wide variety of eye-popping, full-color products that would be ideal for sending with Every Door Direct Mail.
What is every door direct mail with USPS?
Every door direct mail allows businesses to reach every address along a specific United States Postal Service delivery route or carrier route by mailing flat mail such as postcards, brochures, flyers, or a catalog. These flat mail pieces can be up to 15 inches by 10 inches and up to 3/4 inch thick. A postal carrier delivers your printed direct mail piece while delivering the rest of the day’s mail.
Build Business Awareness
New and established businesses can use EDDM to build awareness and increase traffic. Established businesses may be looking to reach a wider audience or create more loyal customers, while new businesses want to create name recognition and share their stories with potential customers.
For any business, EDDM helps highlight:
- Grand opening or relocation – The more people know about your business, the more traffic you can generate and the potential revenue you may have. Before your grand opening or relocation, let the surrounding neighborhoods know where to find you. You might consider including a menu or coupon in your mail piece to entice recipients to come to visit.
- New products or services – It’s more important than ever to communicate with customers and let them know about any changes in your business. Let customers know your operating hours, if you have any new services, such as curbside pickup, or if you have new products.
- Special events – Reach local clients to promote special events, offers, or fundraisers in which your business may participate. Add a QR code that links to a website where they can learn more about the event, register to attend, or request more information.
Grow Revenue With Every Door Direct Mail
Businesses can use Every Door Direct Mail to reach out to new and existing customers with promotions, deals, and information that will help increase sales and revenue. Businesses can easily reach their target audience with the demographic and geographic information used with EDDM
To be the most effective, businesses need to ensure that they:
- Craft the right message – Know your audience, and tailor your message to them. It’s also essential to ensure the message is legible by choosing easy-to-read fonts and proofreading the direct mail piece.
- Include a call to action (CTA) – The most critical element of a direct mailer is the call to action. Make your CTA the focal point of the EDDM piece. Consider pairing the CTA with an offer as a way to drive engagement.
- Grab customers’ attention – The right design and high-quality full-color products, from DFS, can help grab customers’ attention and win more business.
Every Door Direct Mail is another way print marketing is becoming more creative and valuable for your business and clients. Businesses across industries can use EDDM to build awareness, generate new leads, increase traffic, and grow revenue. No matter what business your clients are in, DFS has a vast selection of affordable full-color print marketing products. Learn more about the power of EDDM from our expert speaker in this video.
- The value of print marketing cannot be underestimated.
- Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) allows one-on-one communication with customers and prospects.
- Businesses can use EDDM to build awareness, generate new leads, increase traffic, and grow revenue.
- DFS can help with design and a vast selection of affordable full-color print marketing products.